Thursday, October 28, 2010

The Beatles

Hello!
I painted this for our friends, Kristin and Steve. Kristin had a bunch of old Beatles albums that her Mom had given her and she wanted them incorporated into a painting somehow. At first I was very reluctant to chop up some wonderful albums, but after a while I figured, what the hell?

The first picture below is the "before shot" of the media that I pasted onto the canvas. The second photo is the final product. I wanted to make sure that the media was subtle but still had parts that popped out at you, ie. the faces. In my opinion, this will draw people in to take a closer look at the other media in the background. This painting was extra challenging because I was not allowed to use red, my favorite color! All in all, I'm pretty proud of how it turned out.

I apologize for the poor quality of the picture.

1 comment:

  1. This is great Anna! Reminds me of the painting your Dad did for Natalie and BC! Very cool!

    ReplyDelete