Thursday, November 11, 2010

Hazel Danger

Hi everyone,
Below is a painting I did for my sweet little niece, Hazel. This painting started off looking completely different than the finished product. But I have to say, this is one of my favorite paintings I have ever done. For some reason the colors blended fantastically together. If you look closely, you can see that some of the strokes contain more than 5 colors in them. The only problem with the internet is that you can't really capture things like that in the photo.

I chose the teal color as the background because I think it represents Hazel well. She is a pretty calm child but she still has a pop of energy in her, which in my mind screams teal. She is always rolling around, trying to hang upside down, and likes to make herself known. So I kept most of the colors cool to represent her chillness, but I added the flashes of bright colors to show off her fire. I can't wait to give it to her.

No comments:

Post a Comment